Drinking coffee inside a car is perfectly normal, and so is spilling it on the car seat. Spilling coffee is much more disastrous than we can think of, as the hard stains that are formed with the spill will ruin the beauty of the interior of the car. The fact that it is quite difficult to remove coffee stains makes the entire process a lot tedious and time-consuming.
There are several home remedies that can do the trick; however, if you feel you really cannot get the stain out at home, then it would be better to take up the services of professional detailing experts.
Coffee Stain Removal from Vinyl or Leather
- Remove excessive coffee with the help of a white paper towel.
- Take some mild detergent and mix it with water, and dip a lint-free towel into this solution. Make sure that you do not use excess of water as this will damage the leather. Squeeze out the excess of water and make sure that the towel contains more suds than water.
- With the dampened towel, gently wipe the coffee stain. Wipe the stain from the outside to its interior.
- Once you have sufficiently worked on the stain, blot the area with a paper towel and dry the area completely.
Coffee Stain Removal from Cloth Upholstery
- Make a mixture of white distilled vinegar and water in such a way that the solution contains one-third of vinegar and two-thirds of water. Then, using a sprayer, spray this solution on the stain. Keep on spraying until you can see the stain lifting. Wipe the area with towels until it is completely dry.
- If the vinegar solution is not very effective in removing the stain, then you can try using a solution of mild detergent in warm water. You can use a sponge or a white towel for soaking the solution.
- Apply the damp sponge or towel on the stain and then remove the soap with the help of a sponge which has been blotted in clean water. Also, you can use paper towels to blot off the excess liquids.
- In case if the coffee stains are really tough, you can make use of egg yolks to remove it. Beat an egg yolk and dip a terry cloth into the yolk. Then, apply generous amount of the yolk onto the stain and let it stay there for at least a minute or so. Wipe off the yolk and rinse it thoroughly with water.
- Blow drying the area is extremely essential as natural drying will not help to adequately remove all the water content that has been applied onto it for removing the stain. Make sure that the nozzle of the blow dryer is not kept quite close to the stained area and apply moderate amount of heat for quick drying.
There are different kinds of stains that are produced on car upholstery. You can remove most of the stains by thinking and working quickly on them. For extremely difficult stains, you can always seek the professional expertise of auto detailers.