Leather car seats are chic and elegant and they enhance the beauty of your car’s interior. However, with age, the beauty of leather upholstery fades and the charm of their appearance gradually reduces. Regular maintenance and cleaning of leather car seats is a must in order to preserve their beauty from time to time. Tender and loving care is important in order to prolong the life of car’s interior. However, if you do not have adequate time to do it on your own, then you must seek the help of professional detailing services.
Five Effective Ways to Protect Leather Car Seats
- Blocking Sunlight: It would always be better to keep your car out of direct sunlight especially when you are not driving. It is recommended to us a sun blocker on your windshield which is easily available at Pep Boys or Auto Zone stores or even on eBay.
- Use old T-shirts: You can rip off old t-shirts and use them for wiping leather car seats. It is better to use cotton products rather than paper towel products. Paper towels are definitely wood at the simplest level and however refined they are, they will still cause scratching.
- Use protective leather conditioners: Leather car seats require special maintenance and care and you should only use leather conditioners on them. This way you can maintain the beauty and elegance of the car seats. For treating your leather properly, you should use Armorall or Lane’s Liquid Leather which are amazing products. Use generous amounts of leather protection on the wiping cotton cloth and wipe it liberally on the seats. The application should be in such a way that a wet film is left all over the car seats. The lotion will slowly soak into the leather seats. Allow the seat to dry which clearly depends on the humidity of the weather.
- Buff drying leather car seats: Use a clean terry cloth towel to buff dry the seats. The more you buff the seats, the more they will shine, displaying their natural luster.
- Cracking car windows: Cracking the car windows is a must during the summertime. The inside temperature of a car may built up greatly during summer time. For instance, the outside temperature may just be 80 degrees, but inside the car, it may rise to at least 110 degrees. The high temperature inside the car will lead to fading of the leather car seats. Cracking the car windows will help in relieving the inside pressure.
In all, if you have leather car seats, then it is your duty to take the utmost care of them. However, if you are looking forward to professional style look for your leather car seats, then you should identify a reputable mobile auto detailing services near your home, who will do the work for you.