The cleaning method for your car seats is actually determined by the kind of car seats you have – cloth or leather ones. Some simple products, techniques and a little time is all that is required in keeping your car seats clean and stain free.
Steps to Clean Cloth Seats
- Start by vacuuming the car seat surfaces for the easy removal of dust, dirt and debris.
- Stained areas on your car seat will definitely require extra cleaning and tweaking. If the stained area shows indications of damage in terms of holes or thin fabric, then extra caution is required in cleaning the stain.
- Use upholstery cleaner on the stained area. You should use a stiff brush in working the cleaner into the stained area. In heavily soiled areas, you need to perform extra scrubbing.
- If you are fighting against tough stains, then a simple upholstery cleaner will not be enough. For such instances, you must make use of a spot remover. Use a stiff brush to work the spot remover onto the stained area.
- Wipe off the excess cleaner using a clean, soft cloth.
- Rinse the area with water only if it is required. Some cleaning products need not have to be rinsed.
- For products that do require rinsing, you should only spray water on the affected area and should vacuum off the area for quick drying.
- Keep windows open so as to make sure that the seats are completely dried.
Steps to Clean Leather Seats
- Always clean leather car seats by parking the car in a shaded area.
- Start by vacuuming the seats and then apply leather cleaner using a dry sponge.
- Apply the cleaner in circular motion by using the sponge and then use a clean and soft cloth to dry the surface.
- Do not work on the entire car seat at once and work in sections in order to obtain the maximum results.
- Take some amount of leather conditioner on a soft cloth and apply it on the seats. At least give an hour for the seats to dry completely.
There are additional tips which will help you to clean your car seats effectively. For instance, you should use a leather conditioner with sunscreen so as to avoid the fading of your leather car seats. You should also have a pack of wet wipes in your car so that you can quickly attend to any stains. You can use the help of mobile auto detailing services for getting rid of all kind of car seat stains in a professional manner.