Here are 5 easy steps for gasoline smell removal from your car:
- Car Cleaning: You should start by cleaning the car completely. Fully empty the car and throw away all the unwanted items and garbage. In case, your car has a gas can, you should clean the outside of the can and should then place it again inside the trunk.
- Apply baby oil: Start by applying some baby oil on the spilled gas stains on the carpet and the upholstery. Baby oil acts as a good agent in gently lifting the stains from the car and this will also enable to diminish the gasoline stench. Gasoline is an oil base and thus using another type of oil will help in removing it completely.
- Wipe the stain clean: Use a washcloth and dip it in hot water. Then, use it to rub on to the gas stains. Once you have rubbed it out considerably, you can use another washcloth and can dip it in warm water and you can wipe off the lifted stains from the carpets and the upholstery as well. All kinds of loose debris and dirt can be removed off in this manner.
- Washing with soap: Apply some dishwashing soap on to a washcloth and then work the cloth in circular motions on the stained area and this will enable you to remove the oil stains as well as the baby oil.
- Cleaning the stained area: Take a clean washcloth and rinse it in warm water and then apply it on the stained areas so that you can remove all the soap residue. Repeat this step until all the soup is removed and then you can let the area dry completely. Lastly, you can use carpet powder to sprinkle on the car seats and on the carpet as well. Keep it for at least ten minutes and then vacuum the area completely.
Using the above steps, you can easily get rid of gasoline odor from your car. However, if you do not have the time to invest in this, you can avail the services of mobile auto detailing provider.
The smell of gasoline inside a car is quite strong and powerful and it can make your car ride a very uncomfortable one. The gas odor can also make your family sick and will also ruin the upholstery at the same time. If there has been an accidental gas leakage inside your car, then the smell can be intoxicating and thus, it is important that you remove the leakage and the smell completely so that you and your family does not fall sick. If the gasoline leak is too much or if you are not able to achieve it by yourself, then you can look for professional detailing services that will be able to take out the gasoline smell in an expert manner.