Car Wash for Sale: What to Look for?
August 1, 2011
If you have some extra money tucked away and you’re itching to invest it in a business venture, then buying a car wash business should be at the top of your list. Some entrepreneurs prefer to buy existing businesses instead of starting their own shop, primarily because these businesses already have an established clientele and organizational model.
The ideal car wash business you want to buy should be profitable and ripe for expansion. Apart from these top two considerations, there are also other factors you have to look into when canvassing for car wash businesses to purchase. Here are a few items you should add to your checklist to ensure that you are getting a good deal by buying a car wash facility:
- Type of technology used: There are different technologies for cleaning cars today, such as the traditional drive through car wash and the more recent techniques like waterless car wash and steam cleaning. You want to buy a car wash business that offers one or more different cleaning technologies so that you can cater to as many customers as possible.
- Number of current customers: Purchase a car wash business that has a healthy clientele. You can buy a business that’s going downhill at very low prices, but then you’ll have to invest more in building your clientele and promoting your business. You want to earn profits right away instead of funnelling money into advertising and customer relationship efforts.
- Demographics of the area: The car wash you have been eyeing to buy might have a good-sized clientele at present, but can you reasonably anticipate a significant increase in customers in the long run? A car wash business usually goes by with a couple of loyal customers, but if you want to expand your operation you should consider the opportunity for gaining more clients in the future. Your car wash should be ideally located in a place where there are lots of car owners and only a few establishments offering the same type of services as yours.
- Level of customer service: You have to look into the quality of service offered by the car wash to find out whether it’s actually worth buying. Customers want only the best professional detailing services , and they won’t mind paying a little extra to get exactly that. Don’t settle for a car wash that offers mediocre services, because the existing clientele can easily switch to a different detailer that offers better quality clean for the same price.
- Competition in the area: You can never take competition out of the equation because they will always have the biggest impact on your ability to turn a profit. Before you decide to buy this or that car wash business, scope out their facilities first and see if they are located in an area where their services are in high demand. You should also check the competitors in the area to determine if the car wash you want to buy can keep pace with them, or even outrun them in the future.
You can buy a car wash business from DetailXPerts – we offer franchise opportunities throughout the US.