How to Choose the Best Detailing Service Provider for You
November 10, 2011
Most new car owners consider their vehicle as a precious possession. For some, it might have taken them years of saving to buy one. And because they have invested so much on it, they want to make sure their vehicle gets the right care it needs by getting the best detailing service.
But how do find the best detailing service provider? Below is a list of things you should consider.
Choosing the Best Detailing Service Provider
- Detailing cost– Ask the detailing company about the cost of their services along with the inclusives. This will help avoid any conflict later on. Do not forget to ask other providers. Compare costs and inclusives. A higher price tag does not always translate to good quality; and low prices are not always a hallmark of a good deal.
- Detailing technique– There are now options on how you would like your vehicle detailed. For example, you can now choose between eco-friendly services and those which utilize chemicals. When choosing between cleaning techniques, it is best to do some research to know the pros and cons of specific products and services. Choose the detailing technique that would service your needs the best. For instance, if you have younger children, it is recommended to choose a service provider that uses eco-friendly products. These products can keep your young ones safe from the residues left behind by harsh chemicals.
- Mobile detailing service option– Why waste money on gas for going to and fro a detailing shop when you can simply call a mobile detailer to work on your car right where you are, whatever you are doing? They can service your car while you’re playing with your kids at home, working in the office, or doing some workouts in your favorite gym.
- Warranty for the service– The best detailing service provider offers a warranty for their work. This way, if you notice something off with your car after the service (upholstery that’s still dirty in some places when you asked for upholstery detailing), you can ask them to redo the job at no extra cost.
- Experience– When it comes to detailing, years of experience is a must. One wrong move can damage car paint or affect the vehicle’s performance. For example, a detailer who lacks sufficient skills and experience in buffing can ruin car paint. On the other hand, engine steam cleaning done wrong can affect the car’s performance.
This list is just a guide for choosing the best detailing service provider for your car. Of course, you can always opt to detail the car yourself but it is wise to weigh your options. Are you a busy person? Is it worth it to spend time detailing your car and spend the extra money on materials you will use for the process?
Remember that when detailing your car’s exterior, extra care must be given and most importantly, you have to do it right to avoid unwanted damages –like car paint swirls. So if you lack the right skills, tools and materials, it is better to seek professional detailing help.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!