Little Green Things That Make a Great Difference
November 21, 2011
There are numerous organizations supporting Green Movements nowadays. Some require shoppers to shop with their own shopping bags. Some states even have programs to support green living. It may be as simple as garbage segregation, water conservation, electricity saving, and those programs you most commonly hear from everyone. Green living has been vital for mankind giving each and every one a responsibility to care for the environment to avoid, if not prevent, further global warming. We know the effects of global warming and pollution to our surroundings and to Earth. It has now been an unspoken responsibility for each one of us to be environmentally conscious.
In this article, I have listed little green things that make great difference for our environment.
- Use organic cleaning products at home: Cleaning is a vital part of our everyday life and cleaning products are everywhere in our home, offices, even in our cars. We even use air fresheners to remove unwanted odors. These cleaning products which are made from chemicals can definitely clean but are they really safe for our environment? This is a critical question that needs to be answered. To be responsible with our environment, we can choose to use organic cleaning products which can still do what you want them to do minus the toxicity. For someone too busy to clean, there are now Green cleaning services being offered that are environmentally safe.
- Steam cleaning methods when detailing your car:Detailing your car is different from regular car washing. Most detailing services use harmful products to the environment. It may successfully detail your car but are not eco-friendly. Make use of steam cleaning on the exterior and interior of your car to avoid the use of harmful chemicals. Steam cleaning effectively sanitizes your car while cleaning the dirt and grime. Most importantly, it is environmentally friendly.
- Drive a well-maintained car: Driving a well-maintained car is an effective way to save on energy. A poorly maintained car can consume more gasoline than a well-maintained car. A simple flat tire or under inflated tire can consume more gasoline. If every car owner drove a car with well-inflated tires, we could save 10.6 billion liters of gasoline per year. That is a lot of energy saved just by maintaining your tires. Imagine driving a car which does not fully combust its fuels. If your engine is not well-maintained, you end up wasting money on gasoline you have not consumed. It is a waste and not environmentally friendly. So, be wise and get your car well-maintained by starting with your tires!
- Don’t turn on your car’s air conditioning unit unless necessary: Air conditioning units on your car is supposed to be an accessory and not a necessity. So, whenever possible, try not to switch it on. Especially during seasons that are not that dry or warm. If you can, open your windows and breathe the fresh air while driving.
- Change your old appliances to energy efficient units: First thing that comes to mind is switching your old television unit to an LCD TV or if possible an LED TV. It saves a lot on your electricity. It cuts your consumption in half, if not more. It is more fashionable, enjoyable and environmentally friendly. You may need to prepare for this switch but it will be worth it in the long run.There are those eco-friendly refrigerators, too. A two-door fridge is more efficient than a one-door fridge. If you drink water that was stored in your fridge, and you open your fridge frequently, that alone consumes more energy. There are now designs where you can get water from inside the fridge using an external faucet. If you have computers at home, switch to a more energy- efficient unit. You may want to consult an expert when switching.
Again, you may need to spend at first but you will save money from your electricity bill in the long run. When charging your cell phone, solar chargers are now an option. The chargers are fairly good, you are able to charge your phone while the sun is up, and not waste any electricity.
There are lots of options you can start doing right away. Try looking for wise, energy-efficient things you can have at home to contribute to saving the environment. It will make a great difference. Scheduling an appointment with DetailXPerts will make a huge difference in the immediate future!