How to Remove Gasoline Smell in Car?
March 15, 2012
Gasoline in the tank makes your car run. But gasoline smell inside your vehicle can be irritating and even dangerous to your health. Inhalation of its fumes can cause respiratory disorders and worse, death due to carbon monoxide poisoning. So how do you remove gasoline smell in car?
Below is a step-by-step guide to help you out.
How to Remove Gasoline Smell in Car: 5 Steps
- Clean the car. You should start by cleaning the car completely. Remove the mats, seat covers and other detachable items. Throw away the trash and other unwanted items.
- Apply baby oil. Apply some baby oil on the spilled gas stains on the carpet and the upholstery. Baby oil gently lifts up stains and can also lessen gasoline stench.
- Wipe the stain clean. Use a washcloth and dip it in hot water. Then, rub it on the gas stain. Throw away the washcloth you used for the gas stain to prevent contamination of other areas. Get another washcloth, dip it in warm water and rub this on the carpets and upholstery. All kinds of loose debris and dirt can be removed in this manner.
- Soap it up. Put some dishwashing soap on a washcloth. Rub the cloth in circular motions on the stained area. This will remove the gas stains and the baby oil.
- Rinse. use a washcloth dipped in hot water for removing the soap. Repeat this step until all the soap is removed. Dry thoroughly. Then sprinkle carpet powder on the car seats, carpet and upholstery. Vacuum after ten minutes.
Using the above steps, you can easily get rid of gasoline odor from your car. However, if you do not have the time to do all this, you can avail the services of a mobile auto detailing provider.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!