How to Start a Boat Detailing Business?
October 4, 2012
You will be surprised to learn that it will not take much money to open your own boat detailing business. However, you’ll need to put in a lot of hard work and effort to achieve success.
Like any other kind of business, making it a success involves good advertising and marketing. You need to make a good impression on your customers. You have to prove that you offer reliable and valuable services.
Boat Detailing Business: How to Start
- Create a schedule: Before you start your business, you must have a basic idea regarding the amount of hours you need to invest. Keep in mind that most boat owners will be using their prized possession either on the weekends or in the evenings after their work is over. When you are just starting with your boat detailing business, you must have a flexible schedule. You need to adjust your hours so that you can accommodate more customers.
- Proper advertising: Start by putting out an ad about your business in the local newspaper. You can also advertise your business by handing out business cards and post flyers. You can also consider placing ads in local outdoor magazines and even in boating club newsletters. Also, you can consider doing online advertising which is quite free on websites such as Craigslist and Kijiji. Lastly, make sure you place ads where boaters frequent often like boat shops, marinas and bait shops.
- Offer specials: You will be surprised to learn that many a times, word of mouth is the best advertisement to your business. In order to expand your business, you must think about offering specials such as a free boat detailing to every friend who is referred. Also, you can get together with a couple of boat detailers and offer to clean some boats at a boat show in lieu of recommendations and referrals. Keep in mind, you can start by offering discounts to first-time customers so that this will encourage them to book an appointment with you.
- Excellent service is the Key Your target must be to gain repeat and new customers and for this, excellent service is the key. You must be thorough and an expert in detailing boats and charge only a fair price on your services. Being reliable is also a good way to reach out to customers.
- Don’t promise more than what you can do: Customers take your promises quite strongly so if you do not step up to the plate, then it will be a negative aspect on your account which will be hard to change.
Performing adequate research on the aspects of boat detailing is also important in order to succeed in your venture. Following the right boat detailing tips and techniques is very important in order to make your set of frequent customers. Boat detailing business can definitely thrive provided you put your heart and soul into it.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!