5 Reasons to Detail Your Car
June 2, 2014
Some people think that having their cars washed regularly is all it takes to keep them clean. Unfortunately, car washing alone does not remove the dirt and grime under a vehicle’s chassis, dust in hard-to-reach areas and so on. This is why it’s recommended to detail your car on a regular basis, too.
When you detail your car, you will be sure of its cleanliness from top to bottom, inside and out. Your car’s exterior paint and trims will be cleaned and polished to perfection. Its carpet, console and upholstery will be shampooed and vacuumed, leaving it smelling fresh and clean. Considering that you spend an average of 17 ½ hours per week inside your vehicle, isn’t it comforting to know that you’ll spending that much time in one that looks and smells great as well? Not to mention that driving a detailed car makes you feel more confident too.
More Reasons to Detail Your Car
Cleanliness and aesthetics may be the top reasons why people want to detail their car. But did you know that detailing can provide you with more benefits like:
1. Health. Did you know that your car’s interior is one of the best places where bugs and harmful microorganisms thrive? Steam clean the areas where the backrest and the seat meets, under the carpet and air vents to discourage the growth of pests and bacteria which may cause asthma, allergies and other ailments.
2. Safety. Clean headlights, windshield and wipers enable you to see roads clearly even during snowy or rainy nights. Dirt-free brakes give you more control of your car. Not to mention that a clean and shiny car makes it more noticeable to other drivers.
3. Economy. You are actually saving yourself a lot of money when you detail your car often. For example, detailing the exterior of your car preserves and protects its paint and trims so you do not have to spend for repainting. Keeping the carpet and upholstery immaculately clean through detailing prolongs their use and prevents you and your loved ones from contracting diseases brought about by mites and bacteria, thus giving you a lot of savings from buying new carpets and fabrics. Plus, you will not have to buy costly medications or worse, pay expensive hospital bills.
4. Better engine performance. Automotive experts agree that dirt is the number one cause of engine wear, not only in air filters but in the whole engine as well. When you detail your car’s engine, you can get rid of dirt and oil residues which can affect its performance.
5. Peace of mind. Giving your car a full detailing once in a while keeps it in top condition, thus preventing it from stalling just when you least expect it to. Imagine the hassle that a stalled engine can give you and the other vehicles behind you?
Can You Really Detail Your Car?
Yes, you can detail your car if you have the necessary tools, skills and the patience to do so. Otherwise, schedule an appointment with detail experts in your area. They know just what type of auto detailing supplies to use to maximize the benefits you can get from a well detailed car.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!