Scotchgard Upholstery Cleaner Review: How to Clean Car Upholstery Using Scotchgard
September 29, 2014
Do you remember the last time you were embarrassed when a friend needed a ride and you could not let them in your car because it was just too dirty? The way we keep our car clean is a reflection of our personality. We need to try to keep it clean at all times, just like we do with our own homes. Perhaps it is time that you try learning how to clean car upholstery on your own. There are several commercial cleaning products available in the market today, but let us focus on one product. This Scotchgard upholstery cleaner review aims to provide information that can guide car owners.
Accidents happen, and even adults like us can cause a mess inside our cars. If you love coffee like I do, then you will have to admit that you have spilled your coffee while driving to work. Fortunately, there is Scotchgard upholstery cleaner, fabric and carpet protector. This type of product helps to remove coffee stains, blood stains and even ink stains.
Car seat covers can help protect our car upholstery from getting soiled or damaged, especially when we travel with small children. Nevertheless, it is inevitable for our car upholstery to become stained, and as parents, cleaning stains is our responsibility.
Cleaning car seats these days is no longer a problem. Scotchgard has a variety of products available that can help as you try cleaning car seats by yourself. However, before you go and purchase the product, here are some important Scotchgard reviews that you need to read first:
- It basically works well on any type of upholstery, but keep in mind that you need to use it on a clean surface to prevent it from locking in with the stains.
- Make sure you use the Scotchgard upholstery cleaner made specifically for cars. They do have a wide variety of products.
- Do not use Scotchgard with leather or vinyl seat covers.
- Remember that the product is meant to repel dirt and stains.
Now that you know what to expect with Scotchgard, the next step is to learn how to clean car upholstery. Here are some simple techniques that will help you clean up your cloth upholstery:
- For removing stains from liquids, make sure you blot the area and remove all the excess liquid before applying the cleaner.
- If you need to remove ink stains, be very careful not to rub the stain so you won’t smear the ink and leave a larger stain on your upholstery. Carefully blot the excess ink with a paper towel. Then spray a spot and stain remover.
- To remove crayon marks, simply scrape off the crayon with a metal spoon or dull knife, then follow up with the cleaner.
- To take off mud, apply a damp cloth if you are trying to remove hardened mud. When all the mud is removed, apply the spot and stain remover.
While this Scotchgard review and upholstery cleaning tips may help you if you want to do interior car cleaning by yourself, your busy work schedules may hinder you from doing it. That is not a problem; an automobile detailing service definitely knows how to clean car upholstery properly. Schedule an appointment for your interior car cleaning today.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!