Pros and Cons of a Full Service Car Wash
February 2, 2015
Full service car washes are not all the same. Many offer different services; some are standard while others offer items as “add-ons” or “extras”. To find one that suits your needs, do your homework and weigh up the advantages and disadvantages carefully.
What to Expect
Full service car washes do more than wash the outside of your vehicle. A good full service car wash will also clean the inside of your vehicle and check your fluid levels and tire pressure. A good hand wash should be expected from a professional. This will ensure your car will have every part of the outside of your vehicle cleaned properly. They should clean the chassis and wheels, headlights, taillights and exterior trim, and include interior detailing. Standard detailing will run you anywhere from $50 to $150 depending upon your location, the type of vehicle you drive and what “package” or types of services you are looking for.
- You can get everything your car needs in one place. A good full service car wash will wash more than the outside of your vehicle. They will pay attention to the details inside and out.
- Many full service car washes will have a water reclamation program designed to keep detergents and chemicals out of our water system to protect the environment. Be sure the full service car wash you frequent does and that they do not reuse their water for their high pressure washing.
- Professionalism is the key. Finding a reputable full service car wash that will not talk you into something you do not need is important. A full service car wash professional should be knowledgeable about their equipment and accessories they use in their facility. They should be able to steer you in the right direction so ask a lot of questions. This will help you get comfortable with your full service car wash and find out how professional they really are.
- Find the wrong full service car wash and it can get expensive. All full service car washes have different pricing. Some offer things as part of a standard package while others will charge you for all of the little “extras”. Be sure you know what you are paying for up front.
- If a full service car wash uses recycled water for their high pressure wash, it can adversely affect the paint job on your vehicle. Be sure to find out before it is too late.
- Make sure your full service car wash has newer equipment and auto detailing supplies. As an example, a new buffer will certainly work better than one that has pads that have not been well maintained.
There are numerous advantages and disadvantages of a full service car wash, but the key is to do your research and figure out if it will suit your needs or not. If you think a full service car wash is for you, contact our professionals at DetailXPerts to schedule an appointment. Our award winning customer service will leave you feeling like a million bucks without spending it! To learn more about car washing and auto detailing, be sure to check out our blog.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!