5 Mistakes to Avoid During Truck Detailing
June 29, 2015
Truck detailing enhances the appearance of a fleet company. However, if they choose a poor business to perform the job, it can result in thousands of dollars worth of repairs or irreparable damage to your trucks. These mistakes can occur not only at your hands but also at professional truck wash services. Overall, being aware of these mistakes will help both you or the business of your choice to avoid them.
5 Truck Detailing Mistakes to Avoid
1. Dishwashing Detergents – Using dishwasher detergent can damage truck paint. The clear coat of the paint cannot withstand the high acidity of these chemicals and will start peeling prematurely. This, in turn, will result in oxidation. Paint correction is expensive, especially if the damage is too far gone and you have to replace the clear coat.
2. Types of Towels – Avoid using abrasive towels and cloths when cleaning your truck. Instead, use either a microfiber towel or a chamois. In addition, never use a dirty cloth on the body of the truck. Using a clean towel will ensure the debris has been washed off, and won’t scratch the paint.
3. Glossy Cleaning Products – As with every vehicle, the dashboard needs to be cleaned as well. However, make sure you select a non-greasy, non-oily product. If not, it will leave behind a residue on the surface. Additionally, a glossy cleaner poses a threat to your safety as sunlight can reflect off the product and blind you while driving.
4. Automated Truck Washes – Unfortunately, automated truck washes make several mistakes in truck detailing. For example, they use cleaning products with a high chemical concentration, and brushes that are highly abrasive. Moreover, these brushes are not cleaned after every wash, so all the dirt that’s been cleaned off the preceding trucks remain on the equipment.
However, there are other alternatives like green truck detailing services that use steam. Steam cleaning does not use chemicals or rough materials. It’s safe for your truck, the environment, and your health.
5. Don’t Wait – Regular cleaning and maintenance are mandatory if you want to keep your truck running smoothly. For example, cleaning stains on upholstery as soon as they occur will help maintain the interior. The same works for the exterior of your vehicle as well. Another challenge during the winter is the road salt. Leaving behind the debris on the truck will cause major damage to the undercarriage.
Additionally, don’t leave the interior of the truck dirty as it will be a breeding ground for harmful germs and bacteria. Not only is an unclean truck an unpleasant sight and threat to your health, it damages your image.
Overall, truck detailing needs to be performed with proper knowledge and skill to avoid disastrous consequences. DetailXPerts, an eco-friendly, mobile auto detailing company specializes in truck detailing. Schedule an appointment today!
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!