The Best Way to Detail a Black Car: 6 Tips
August 13, 2015
To many, the color black suggests luxury, sophistication and style. Fashion magazines always include black clothes and accessories. Homes seem to look classier with some touches of black. Some people even extend their love for black to their cars, only to find out that it’s one of the most difficult car colors to maintain. So what’s the best way to detail a black car? Read on.
The Best Way to Detail a Black Car
Regardless of what others may say, showroom shiny black cars are absolute scene-stealers. They stand out in parking lots. They grab attention on the road. They earn admiration from passers-by. How to get that sparkling shine that can make heads turn? Here are some tips:
- Make sure that your detailing area is free of dust. Ask any detail expert and he’ll probably tell you that a black car is a dust magnet. Why? Science tells us that black surfaces are positively charged because they absorb more heat, thus attracting negative or neutral materials, like dust. So unless you want to spend the whole day dusting off your vehicle, close the door and windows of your detailing area.
- Clean all tools and equipment. Ensure that your sponges, microfiber cloths, orbital buffer, and other auto detailing supplies are totally clean. No dust, lint or debris should ever come into contact with your car.
- Use steam. Yes, you can use steam for detailing a black car or any other car color. Steam carefully envelops dust particles even from the most inaccessible areas of your car’s exterior and lifts them up to the surface where they can be wiped off with a microfiber cloth. The result is a smooth, dust-free surface.
- Use the right wax. Choosing the right wax is imperative if you want your black car to gleam to perfection. One of your best options would be Carnauba wax. Based from our experience, it is one of the best waxes for black cars. Aside from its easy use and application, it gives that sleek, dark finish that dramatically improves a vehicle’s appearance. And since it’s heat resistant, your car’s paint won’t attract as much dust. Be aware, however, that making Carnauba waxes shine to perfection needs some elbow grease, but you’ll be pleased with the results.
- Detail the tires. Nothing can spoil the look of a shiny vehicle than dirty tires. You can detail them with a homemade tire shine or a store-bought one. We recommend organic tire shines not only because they can improve the appearance of your tires; they can extend their use as well. Not to mention that you get to save the environment in the process.
- Don’t forget the interior. Complete the showroom-shiny look of your vehicle by steam-cleaning the interior. Why use steam? It’s because steam can clean and sanitize nooks and crannies that your hands cannot reach. It can lift dust and dirt from the most surfaces, assuring you of a spic-and-span, fresh-smelling interior longer than any other interior cleaning method can provide.
The best way to detail a black car may take some extra time and effort, but you’ll get worthwhile results. If you find that maintaining the appearance of your black car is too much for you, schedule an appointment with DetailXPerts. We have all the necessary tools, equipment and manpower to make your beloved black car shine like never before.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!