Which Headlight Restoration Kits Work Best?
January 18, 2016
To ensure road safety especially at night, more and more vehicle owners are using headlight restoration kits as a cheaper alternative for making their car lights clearer and thus, more functional. According to the National Transportation Statistics, 50.5% of fatal vehicle crashes in 2011 occurred from 6PM to 6AM. Also, 50.6% of fatal vehicle crashes occurred when it was dark or during dawn or dusk. Dirty headlights can cut your night vision in half, make it harder for you to navigate the roads, and also make it difficult for other drivers to see your car at night.
But with too many headlight restoration products available today, which ones can provide you with the results that you desire? Which ones can restore your headlights to like-new condition without damaging them or the environment?
Here are five headlight restoration products that we have checked out for you. Although some of these products are more expensive than the ones you can find on Amazon, we made sure that they are eco-friendly and will not damage your cars.
Top 5 Headlight Restoration Kits
1) Rain X Headlight Restoration Kit – For only $15, their multi-step kit provides a deeper cleaning process than single step products. It cleans yellowed, hazed headlights with the use of a specially designed polish and sealant. The Rain-X kit contains the a lubricant and 3 grain-levels of sandpaper, polish with headlight restorer cream and sealant towelettes to finish the job. This headlight restoration kit is easy to use.We did a review to see if it is effective or not, and we are glad to say that the result was great! Check out the review here.
2) Let There Be Light Headlight Restoration Kit– For around $45, their convenient, easy to use kit includes prep materials (lint free wipes, wet/dry sandpapers, and alcohol swabs), a special Let There Be Light conditioner and their Let There Be Light Vehicle Plastic Lens UV Protectant. Their products, like all the other products here, are non-toxic and water soluble. They also do not contain harsh solvents and will pose no damage to the environment. Reviews say that the kit is super easy to use and gives great results.
3) Flitz Headlight and Plastic Restoration Kit – For around $50, they offer free shipping to the USA and Canada. They say that their kit is washable and reusable, so you can use it repeatedly. Their kit includes their Flitz Polish-Paste, Abrasive Scruffing Pad, and their Buff Ball. Their products are water-based, non-toxic and eco-friendly. They say that you can even eat their Flitz Polish Paste and still be fine (we are sure that it will taste bad though).
4) Detail King’s Professional Series Headlight Restoration Kit – For around $150, their kit can service up to 30 vehicles or 200 square feet. They have a patented process that closes and seals the headlamp to restore and preserve its clarity for years. The kit comes in a reusable tool box that contains – Water base Pre-Treatment, Shine Restorer, Deep Fill Restorer, Headlight Cleaner/Polish, Sanding Sheets, Lint Free Paper Towels and Bag of Gloves. Reviews say that this is a killer product that really works.
5) Delta Kits Coat2protect Headlight Restoration Restock Kit –It would be better if you buy this with your friends – the kit costs around $190. It can clean, sand, polish, and protect over 60 headlight lenses. It includes their Coat2Protect Headlight Restoration Coating,Clean2Prep, Interface pad, 6 grades of sanding discs and a pack of polishing discs. Their coating product is water based, offering safe application and easy cleanup. It is eco-friendly and there are no special shipping requirements.
We are confident that whichever headlight restoration kit you choose will perform great and will not be hazardous to you and the environment. We also have tips on how to clean your car headlights.
If you don’t have the time to do it yourself or if you are not the DIY type, no worries! DetailXPerts can help you in restoring your car’s headlights so that they’re good as new. We will give your car the TLC it deserves while you spend your time on things more important to you. Our unique method guarantees to give you headlights that glow and shine like new. Schedule an appointment with us today, or call us at 877-317-9737 and see how we can help you restore your car’s headlights to their former beauty.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!