Laser Car Wash Pros and Cons
December 26, 2016
The auto detailing professionals and car enthusiasts disapprove the automatic car washes due to the damage they cause on the paint. However, with the introduction of the touchless car wash, the reputation of automatic systems was lifted. The laser car wash, as the name implies, uses a “touchless” system, unlike the old cloth friction and nylon brush technologies. Here is an in-depth look at the laser car wash pros and cons.
How Does the Laser Car Wash Work
This car wash has a system that uses powerful pressurized nozzles to direct water and cleaning agents at your car’s exterior to lift off dirt, grime, and other contaminants. The drying process is also automatic with a high-pressure air dryer. No “touching” of the paint occur at any time, which is why it is protected from scratches and swirls commonly associated with other automatic car wash systems.
The process in a laser car wash bay is simple: The first stage is a pre-soak to loosen dirt and grime. In stage two, the vehicle is sprayed with a specialized detergent. Nozzles are directed to all sides to cover as much area as possible. The detergent is then allowed to sit for 3 – 5 minutes to activate and work on the paint. Stage three is another high-pressure rinse. In the fourth and final stage, the vehicle is directed towards a high-pressure dryer.
The laser car wash also offers extras like spray-on wax and triple foam conditioner – all completed within a few minutes. Many car washes now opt to use name brand auto detailing products in laser car wash systems, so you no longer have to worry about generic chemicals attacking your car’s exterior. Just make sure to check the products beforehand.
Another laser car wash pros is that the cost typically does not exceed $20, with add-on services. It is also a very fast process, with a duration not exceeding 10 minutes.
Laser Car Wash Pros and Cons
- Laser car wash pros – This is superior to all other automatic car washes because of the touchless system. There are no abrasive and dirty brushes, dirty hand towels and employees who can damage your paint.
- Cost – Get an effective car wash with branded auto detailing products for less than $20!
- Time – You can be in and out of a laser car wash in less than 10 minutes!
- Water reclamation – We can collect and recycle to use again the water that we use to wash cars. This is a very useful method for water conservation because it uses up to 40 gallons of water per car.
- Cleaning results – While this car wash does do a good job, it does not do a great job, because there is a limit to the areas that the nozzles can reach. So there will always be nooks and crannies that the machine cannot treat properly. If you are particular about the thorough washing of your car, the best way to go is hand washing.
- Not for damaged paint – If your paint is peeling and flaking, high-pressure water can aggravate the condition of the paint.
Ones of the biggest laser car wash pros is that it is a great alternative to hand washing, which is by far the best and most effective car wash method. If you don’t have the time nor a proper place such as a lawn or a drive-way to wash your car, then this is the system for you. Especially during winter times when car washing becomes especially difficult, a laser car wash can be of immense help to all car owners.
Schedule an appointment with DetailXPerts to steam clean your car – we take special care of your car’s interior and exterior and make sure that even hard-to-reach nooks and crannies are treated!