Think about the last significant purchase you made, such as jewelry or a car. Do you still remember how you felt when you closed the deal? Can you recall the attitude of the salesperson who helped you make your decision as to which design or model to finally take home with you?
Great salespeople make great sales experiences, but the shop floor is not the only place where you can freely interact with your customers. Technology has made it possible for entrepreneurs to reach out to their target market more effectively than ever. Social networking sites, corporate websites, and smartphone apps have all been developed to help the businessman get closer to his potential clients.
The forward-thinking entrepreneur engages in proactive excellent customer service even before a client walks in the door. No company can survive without employing means to interact well with its market, and the car wash business is no exception. If you plan to open your own auto detailing shop or wish to invest in an existing franchise, you have to brush up on your people skills in order to make your enterprise profitable.
Get yourself acquainted with these benefits of good customer service to jumpstart your approach today:
- Higher sales. Remember that every person who inquires about your services is a potential customer. The sufficiency and promptness of your reply, as well as the manner in which you deliver it, will influence his decision to avail of your car detailing services. The goal is to convert a casual conversation into actual sales.
- Better brand imaging. Publicity is always good, but it’s better if it’s good publicity. You don’t want to be the car detailer that everyone avoids. Having a great customer service policy will make more and more people curious about your business, and eventually convince them to try your services.
- More repeat customers. If your customers are happy with your services, they will return again and again for more. Treat each client with courtesy and frankness, and don’t promise to do things for their car that you cannot actually deliver on.
- Bigger market share. Perhaps you’ve previously offered only on-site detailing services, but now you’ve also included mobile detailing services for car owners who are too busy to drop off their vehicles at your shop. Thanks to a good customer service approach, you can quickly and effectively disseminate this new information to your target market, helping you carve a bigger niche for your brand.
- Less competition. Companies with excellent customer service ultimately leave their competitors behind. At present, there are a lot of car wash companies in operation, each one offering some version of the same old services. Great customer service adds something more to what you can offer, and sometimes this is all that that you need to clinch the deal.
Knowing what a good customer service approach can do for your car wash business can help you craft strategies to face your own peculiar challenges. Keep in mind that the entire staff must be dedicated to providing only the best service they can offer in order for your plans to work.