How to Detail a Boat
June 2, 2011
Now, that you have finally bought the boat that you have been eyeing for a long time, it’s time to learn how to detail your boat.
Detailing your boat will be a crucial part of ensuring that the investment you have made will stay healthy and beautiful. Boats vary from each other; there are different materials that a boat can be made of as well as the other details like the size, color, weight.
The frequency of cleaning your boat will depend on the nature of the boat and how often you use it. Using your boat and having it exposed to Ultra violet rays, salt water, oil spill and etc will all play a major role in causing harm on the exposed surface. The time you will need to allot will also depend on the size of your boat which usually takes up to 2 -4 days. You may need to also do it part by part to make sure you don’t miss a spot.
Boat detailing can be done by yourself or better yet – by a professional. A lot of boat owners prefer to hire a professional to perform boat detailing for various reasons. One major reason would be it’s time consuming. Another good reason is that most boat resale value actually decreases because its owners don’t know how to properly care for it. Nevertheless, I have enumerated the simple steps of how to do it. It should give you an idea on the steps, but of course, it’s advisable to seek professional help. The experts who offer mobile detailing would be able to make sure even the tiny details are taken care of.
6 Simple Steps To Detail A Boat
- Gather all the equipments needed to detail your boat. It would surely be a great hassle and disturbance to your work if you forget something. There are some equipments and services that only professional can offer you such as steam cleaning. They can do your mobile detailing without you having to worry if you did it properly. An important tool that you may need to bring which is not really related to boat detailing but will surely help you is your IPOD or MP3 player. Detailing your boat can be a boring task, listening to music can help you get rid of that boredom.
- Pull your boat out from the water. Having your boat out of the water would be the easiest way to clean it. Then be sure to take everything out of the boat like cushions, coolers and other personal items. This would make it easier for you to clean the floor and walls.
- Wash of the grime with soap and water using soft rags. There are cleaning materials that are specially manufactured for boats. Make sure to use those products.
- Proceed with cleaning with the windows and upholstery. Use a soft rag in cleaning both the windows and upholstery.
- Dry off your boat. Then apply buffer to your buffing cloth and rub it in circular motion. Repeat again with a clean buffing cloth.
- Lastly, wax your boat. Use a boat wax and a cheese cloth. Evenly spread the wax and let it dry for at least 10 minutes. After which, you can now remove your wax with a clean cheese cloth.
Do You Have a Boat That Needs Detailing?
The good news is that if you have a boat crying loudly for a ‘decent bath’, one of the best mobile detailing services is running a ‘grab-it-now’ offer.
DetailXPerts has launched ‘Start of Summer’ special under which you can get an assured gift if you use our detailing service in June. Not just that, you can also avail a special 10% discount on boat detailing cost if you get your boat detailed on June 8.
So, if you have one that needs some special care, now is the time.
Go grab it till it lasts!