How Steam Will Make Your Car Interior Shine
December 5, 2011
The interior of the cars is not seen by most people but it should be given as much care as you give on the exterior. The most common stains we get on our vehicles are sometimes those we usually neglect. Many individuals give more emphasis on the exterior of their vehicle because this is the first thing people see.
When you browse the web, you will see steps on how to make your car look good, externally. Just to name a few external stains caused on your car’s exterior include: hard water spots, berry stains and bird droppings. Hard water spots come from washing your car with soapy water that has dried, and rain creates it also. A secret tip that can easily remove hard water spots is water mixed with a little dish washing liquid and finished off with cold water and vinegar. Berry stains and bird poop can be removed using the same items but with use of different techniques.
Now, with these things being mentioned, let me name the top 5 most common spills and stains in your vehicles interior and how to treat them to make your cars interior shine.
5 Common Spills
- Coffee Stains: One of the most common stains in our vehicle’s interior is coffee spills. According to coffeeresearch.org, in United States, a man consumes an average of 1.9 cups of coffee per day while a woman consumes 1.4 cups per day. We do a huge amount of work while in our vehicles and it goes without saying so does our coffee.A coffee stain is not too far away when you drink coffee while driving. You can get the spill on your carpet or on your car seat cover and there are a number of ways you can remove it. One solution is to start with a white paper towel. Blot the stain as soon as it happens to remove as much of it as possible. Do this gently. Mix one part white vinegar with two parts warm water and use a paper towel to blot the stain again. You might have to deal with the smell a bit later.Let’s say you notice the stain very late. An easier solution is to steam clean the stain. If you have multiple coffee spots throughout your vehicle it is best to have it professionally steam cleaned. This will soften the stain, remove it and leaves no trace of coffee stain at all.
- Smoke Odor: Given that 1 out of 5 American deaths is caused by smoking. We can just imagine how many smokers there are in the US. Another common interior problem is the smoke odor. Why it is so difficult to remove this odor when it penetrates your seat covers? It lingers on for day and even years if you do not handle the situation. You can always have your seat covers washed and cleaned but the smoke might have penetrated some areas of your interior that you would need a full detail.Steam cleaning can do the trick for you. Since it is steam, it has an ionizing effect and also disinfects the interior of your car. You can always opt to use an air freshener later on but using steam cleaning alone can naturally solve this one for you.
- Mold and mildew growth: This happens when your vehicle is left out in the elements and moisture gets stored in the car. For example, your window could have been left down over night and rain entered your car leaving it a hot mess. After some time mold and mildew will develop. This can be a real serious situation if not not addressed immediately.Individuals with asthma or allergies need to be aware of this particular situation. If the mold and mildew situation is not handled properly and promptly it will be a nice penny to replace the damaged areas later while causing your health to suffer. Steam cleaning seems to be the most logical way to deal with this situation. Steam deals with any airborne pathogens and help sanitize the interior of your vehicle. It is easy, quick but long lasting.
- Ink stain, Lipstick stain, and Blood stain: Considering we bring our personal belongings and everyday work into our vehicles daily, accidental stains from time to time will happen especially for people who are always on the go. With the amount of time we spend driving, it is reasonable to expect wear and tear on your interior. It can go from spilling ink on your seat cover to leaving your lipstick open and smudging it accidentally on the carpet.Ink stains especially ballpoint ink stains are extremely difficult to remove. As soon as you find a fresh ink stain on your vehicles interior, your first step must be to blot up as much ink as possible. Keep blotting until ink stops transferring onto the paper towel.For the ink stain, use a hairspray or rubbing alcohol. Do not smudge the cloth you are using to avoid spreading the ink. Dab the ink onto the clean cloth and use a clean cloth each time to avoid cross-contamination.Lipstick stain is a lot easier to remove. Just use white, non-gel toothpaste then wipe with a clean cloth. Blood must be one of those stains you would not want on your covers as it is quite arduous to remove but not impossible. Use soap and water. If the stain persists, use borax or bleach. If this still will not work, your best chance of removing the stain is to use steam cleaning. Instead of burying the stain deep into your seat cover, steam cleaning can remove it easily and hassle-free.
- Urine and Vomit: This commonly happens when you go on a trip with a child or your pets. This is out of your control and can cause a lot of headache later on. You can always have it cleaned using soap and water but steam cleaning is still the best option as it will take care of any harmful bacteria released inside your car. Steam cleaning sanitizes the interior of your car while cleaning every nuke and cranny of your vehicle.With our active lifestyles and the amount of time we spend in our cars, the average car interior is easy prey for a myriad of stains. As you know removing stains from your vehicle can be a huge hassle. Weather its a coffee stain or mold and mildew the best way to lighten or remove the spot is to have it professionally detailed by using steam. Check out DetailXPerts interior steam cleaning service – for perfect sanitation of your vehicle inside.