Complete Car Wash Supplies Checklist
September 12, 2013
Getting your car cleaned, waxed, and polished in a short amount of time is a mean feat. If you have been engaged in DIY car detailing in the past, you know how important it is to have all the tools and products you need at your side when you need them. Car detailing is a little like surgery in this regard. You have to be able to reach for the correct tool without hesitating if it’s the right thing you need at that very moment. For this reason, assembling a complete car wash supplies cabinet is of the utmost importance for any DIY detailer worth his time.
A full and uncompromising array of car wash supplies is just what you need to ensure that life with your beloved vehicle will go on smoothly. Cars do require periodic maintenance and upkeep. But you might not always need the help of a professional detailer to get the job done. As a conscientious and proactive car owner, you have to share in the burden of keeping your car’s looks and functionality in tiptop shape. You will need different items for different cleaning purposes.
The list provided below is by no means exclusive. Feel free to swap, delete or add items here and there to suit your preferences. For a budding DIY detailer, these things are definitely essential:
Washing/Rinsing car wash supplies
- Microfiber wash cloths: stock up on these in varying shapes and sizes because they will come in handy for all sorts of cleaning chores.
- Car wash shampoo and conditioner: as much as possible, select cleaning products that are environmentally-friendly yet still powerful enough to rid your car of dirt, dust, and grime.
- Hose with high-pressure nozzle: nothing works quite as good as a high-pressure hose to quickly blast away the dirt from your vehicle.
- Clay bar: a clay bar will lift away all the residual dirt left on your vehicle. If you think your car is already clean, claying it will make you realize that it isn’t.
Drying car wash supplies
- Microfiber wash cloths
- Chamois cloth
Polishing car wash supplies
- Microfiber cloth
- Polishers and waxes
Cleaning specific parts
- Specialty cleaning products: tire dressing, paint sealant, glass cleaner, degreaser, swirl remover, leather protectant, etc. You need to get one of each if you want to address the dirt problems in specific areas such as your car’s engine block, underbody, wheels or windows.
Miscellaneous car wash supplies
Putting together a professional detailer worthy car wash supplies cabinet requires time, careful thinking, and money. Of course, you might not need all of these items. Simply let the professionals handle all your car cleaning needs. They might not even need all these various tools and equipment. They use an entirely different technology for cleaning your car. Steam cleaning automobiles has become the next big thing in the auto car industry. Above all because it’s the most efficient and environmentally-friendly cleaning method available in the market today. Even with regular DIY detailing, it’s still a good idea to schedule an appointment with your DetailXPerts detailer every now and then to have your car professionally cleaned.