Homemade Tire Shine: 3 Steps to Shiny Tires [VIDEO]
December 27, 2013
Homemade tire shine is a good and safe alternative to the costly, chemically-laden products that are offered in the market today. It is very economical as it is made from items that you usually find in the kitchen, bathroom or garage shelves. It is safe for you and the environment since it does not contain toxic substances that can threaten your health and damage the environment. The question is, how to make a safe, cheap and effective homemade tire shine? Read on and find out.
Homemade Tire Shine: Tools and Materials
- Distilled water (optional)
- Mild dish soap
- Strong hand brush
- Two buckets of warm water
- A non-lint cloth
- Castor Oil
Homemade Tire Shine: Procedure and Application
- Step 1: Put a few drops of dish soap in a bucket of warm water. Mix well. Get the strong hand brush, dip it into the solution and scrub it on the tires. Ensure that you scrub the grooves as well. If the tires are too muddy, leave it to rest for a few minutes then scrub again. Rinse each tire thoroughly.
- Step 2: Spray your tires with alcohol. This is to efficiently strip off the old polish and remaining dust and dirt. Alcohol strength will depend on the condition of your tires. If they still have a lot of old polish, then use it full strength. Otherwise, use a mixture of 50% alcohol and 50% distilled water. Put the solution in an average-sized spray bottle. Spray it a tire at a time, section by section. Wipe it off with a microfiber towel. Let all tires dry completely. This shouldn’t take long since alcohol has a fast drying time.
- Step 3: Coat the tires with castor oil. Castor oil is a mainstay in many homes due to its multiple purposes. It’s used for the hair, skin, and yes, even for tires! It doesn’t damage rubber and the environment yet gives tires that shiny finish that vehicle owners rave about. Apply it on tires with a non-lint cloth. Let it dry thoroughly..
Too busy to make a homemade tire shine or to detail your tires? Then, try DetailXPerts’ Presidential Package. We can give your tires the care they deserve. Rest assured that we use all organic substances that won’t damage your tires and the environment.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!