Best Recipe for Green Homemade Degreaser for Car
April 15, 2019
It happens. Your beautiful car seat cover or upholstery has greasy stains from the pizza and hamburgers your children ate recently. Using store-bought solutions is out of the question. You wouldn’t want your young ones to inhale the toxic residues of such cleaners. So, you’re now looking for a green homemade degreaser for car.
Well, you’re in luck! Here’s a recipe for homemade degreaser for car. The ingredients may already be in your kitchen or bathroom. Therefore, you need not spend extra. As for creating this degreaser, you’ll find the steps pretty straightforward.
Homemade Degreaser for Car
- Carbonated water/club soda – 1/2 cup
- Dish washing soap – 1/2 cup
- White vinegar – 1/2 cup
1. Get a clean spray bottle. Make sure the bottle is large enough to hold all the ingredients.
2. Pour the ingredients in this order: white vinegar, dishwashing soap, carbonated water.
3. Shake the bottle gently until everything is mixed up.
How to Use
1. Vacuum the affected area to dislodge dirt, food remnants and other contaminants.
2. Spray the homemade degreaser for car onto the affected area. Leave for at least 10 minutes.
3. Wipe off with a towel dipped in cold water.
4. Allow the area to dry. To speed up the drying process, use a hair dryer.
5. Repeat the process if necessary.
NOTE: This homemade degreaser for car is only for light-colored fabric seat covers or upholstery. DO NOT USE on leather seats as the vinegar can cause discoloration.
Try our simple homemade degreaser recipe. You can store the remaining solution in a clean, dry place, away from your children’s reach. The good thing about this solution is that you can use it even for older stains. Of course, applying this degreaser as soon as possible is ideal because the stain has not yet set deeper into the fabric or upholstery.
Other Homemade Degreaser Recipes
You can also try some of our other recipes:
If you don’t have the time to DIY your car seats or upholstery, schedule an appointment with DetailXPerts. We use steam and environmentally-friendly products to give customers’ vehicles the best treatment. Learn more about our eco car spa concept.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!